Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Here a stitch, there a stitch

When I am learning a new stitch or revisiting a familiar one I like to watch them being done.
One of the sites I enjoy going to is Mary Corbet's Needle N Thread. She has an excellent video library that takes you through very basic to more complex stitches.
http://www.needlenthread.com/2006/10/video-library-of-hand-embroidery.html
The videos are short and easy to follow.
Currently Mary is doing some picture tutorial's at her blog for lettering which is interesting. How many of us want to do lettering in our Christmas projects but are not always sure what is the best way to go about doing that? http://www.needlenthread.com/2009/11/hand-embroidery-lettering-text-8-split.html
My dog is at the vet today getting her staples taken out. She was none too thrilled at me leaving her there but she really needs to get rid of the belly band. She was rolling in the dirt over the weekend and looks somewhat odd with long hair poking through some of the strips. She's also a bit whiffy and needs a bath :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope your dog feels and smells better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee. She seems to be getting better. The "whiffiness" is subsiding a bit and her bath will have to wait till next week. I want to get her trimmed first.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Have a fabulous day.