Saturday, January 16, 2010

First project finish for 2010


I don't normally post on the week-end but I have started AND completed my first project for 2010. I'm in shock :)
A freebie from http://passe-tempsdeflo.over-blog.com/ stitched on 14ct. Aida in 3 shades of teal DMC 3847, 3848 and 3849. Total finished size 8"x8". Design size 3 3/4"x3 3/4".
I've also completed all the embroidery blocks for the LofSHe embroidery exchange. Boy am I glad that is finished. Good experience but I'm not sure I would want to do that many again (23). As a group we are creating and participating in a BOM for the rest of this year. Should be interesting. January is a mitten and yours truly has agreed to design a block for one of the months :) I have to decide what fabric I want to use for the background before I can get stitching.
Next project - a birthday present for my youngest daughter. I cannot decide whether I want to quilt, cross-stitch or do a combination of both.

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful piece and a great start for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies. It was a pretty pattern and would look good in all kinds of color ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty Carol! Thanks for sharing the link too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first finish, Carol. Have fun creating your DD's bday present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies. Glad you liked the project. I'm in a mood to do some small ones for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Have a fabulous day.