Monday, June 1, 2009

Porlock Down


A few years ago my parents gave me the kit for Porlock Down, part of the Lilliput Lane collection by Anchor. I started it then life got super busy and it sat in a drawer for a few years. On occasion I would take it out and add a few more stitches.
At the beginning of last week I decided it was time to get this pretty piece finished and have been working on it every day. There's a lot of color changes involved so it has been slow going. At the moment I am taking a break from the cross stitches and doing some of the outline and detail stitches. I've been sewing the side of the house, the tree to the left, all the bushes and the retainer walls.

12 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet project, I had been looking at these kits myself recently but have no one to stitch them for unfortunatly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty. Good that you took it out of the draw. This one is too beautiful to linger in a draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, a shame it's been neglected so long!! Looks like you should have a finish in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those thread chanegs. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies. I'm looking forward to finally giving the piece to my parents when I visit them in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous piece! And I'm sure one that you will be proud to show off when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Have a fabulous day.