Welcome to my little corner of OWOH 2011 (#381). Rest your wings, sit a spell and chat.
First things first .... Thanks to Lisa at http://awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com/ for being the heart behind this event. This is the fifth and final event and I for one appreciate all her hard work bringing her vision to reality.
If you are new to my blog it's all about hand stitching. I love to cross-stitch, embroider and hand quilt. I'm learning to design my own patterns and will often take an existing one and add my own twist to it (just for fun). For those of you who visited my blogs last year during OWOH2010 ....... welcome back.
My "growing up" part of the world is a long ways away from this hilly, scenic, region of middle Tennessee. I was born and raised in Scotland and winged my way to the USA, with a few suitcases in tow, in 1987. The hubster, kidlets and I have lived in Ohio, Michigan and now Tennessee. All great states with unique charms of their own.
Before you take flight again I have a door prize but it's not being revealed all at once. It's all ready for the winner but let's have some fun with it. I'll change out the photo every so often and reveal a new item each time.
1. 5" mini cushion. (I found the freebie pattern at http://pics.livejournal.com/own_two_hands/ in the biscornu section, page 2)
2. 4" 'Birds in Tree' door hanger. (I found the freebie pattern at http://cargaudlabrico.canalblog.com/)
3. Bits & Pieces By Joan - a vest pattern, with wooden star buttons included, entitled "I Love Snowmen"
4. It's going to remain a mystery ... all I'm saying is .... it's in keeping with the theme ;)
5. Depending upon how many people leave comments I might do two packages.
(You do not want to know what early hour of the morning it is here BUT all of a sudden I was woken out of a deep sleep by excited twittering from my birdie transportation. Well now what do we have here ..........now I am excited ........ enough visitors for the second package....... woohoo !!!)
Package #2 (reveal photo #2)
1. a 51/2" mini cushion/pincushion made from one of my "orphan" blocks.
2. Beginners quilt pattern - couch throw size
3. 41/2" "Birds in Tree" ornament. (I found the freebie pattern at http://cargaudlabrico.canalblog.com/
4. It's going to remain a mystery .... all I'm saying is ....... it's in keeping with the theme ;)
5. What's that you say birdie ...... mmmmm I'll have to think on that idea.
Just remember to leave a comment with a way to contact you. If you are set to no-reply (with no contact info) you will NOT be entered into the drawing. OWOH finishes on 17th Feb. and my winners will be announced on February 18th.
So thank you for taking some time to visit BUT it's time I sent you on your way. Fly carefully and I hope you enjoy your trip round the world.
(My birdie transportation this year is somewhat elderly. We will show up but it might take a while since we plan on taking many opportunities to rest up, refresh ourselves, and be impressed by all the art work out there. OWOH hugs to all of you.)
Up-date Thursday 17th - It's now the last day of this fabulous event. Thanks to everyone that has visited. You can continue to leave comments till 2.00 p.m. this afternoon. I'll then do some drawings, contact the winners and post the results TOMORROW. My daughter is participating in a school event this evening and we need to do some prep time beforehand.)